A blog I read today posted by Graham Pera who received a message in his email and felt worth sharing. Yes, thank you for sharing. These are things people think and do not say. I’ve added my own comments, sorry tried to add colour but word press is not working too well.
1. Quit arguing with people about the same old foolishness! Respect their position and keep it moving!
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Two people can look at the same object and see it differently. One person can sees the object being blue and the other person sees the object as being black. Who is right and who is wrong? None of them are right or wrong, they each have a right to their own opinion.
2. Quit telling people your secrets when you know they are not going to keep them! And if you keep telling them, then don’t get mad if they tell others.
I’m good at keeping secrets, I treat them as a State Secret. My own secrets on the other hand, well, that is a disaster, I keep telling others. My own fault. I must remember this.
3. Quit trying to pull people on your journey who don’t want to travel with you. Either they believe in you and value you…. or they don’t.
Being passionate, I have a tendency to try and do this but with age I have learnt that this is not a good idea. I have also experienced this in marriage and often wonder if this could be the reason why so many marriages fail. It is impossible for two people to be on the same journey. It is impossible for two people who are married to be on the same journey.
You will always be at different stages and on different paths, what’s important to remember is that you have each other and you are not doing it alone. Be there for each other when it is needed and always support each other even if you feel like you are on totally different planets at times.
4. Quit complaining about things you can’t and won’t change!
Easier said than done sometimes. There are issues that gets my blood boiling but know there is very little or nothing I can do about it. Now I let things be, since discovering that I am the creator of my world, I create what I want for my world and the things that use to get to me no longer get to me. My world is fanbloodytastic.
5. Quit gossiping about other people! Minding our own business should be a full time job!
How can you tell girls that, we love a good gossip. It’s not the same without a good juicy gossip every now and then. Honestly, I don’t have time to gossip.
6. Quit blaming each other for things that in the big picture aren’t going to matter three weeks from now!
Bottom line as an adult you are responsible for the choices you make, you only got yourself to blame. Whether you make a good choice or a bad choic the buck stops with you.
7. Quit eating things you know are not good for you! If you can’t quit… eat smaller portions!
“Ok, Ok, I will eat smaller portions!”
8. Quit buying things when we know we can’t afford them! If you don’t have self control, then quit going to the stores! Quit charging things, especially when you don’t NEED them!
I think I am the only gal on the planet who hates shopping! I’m not a big spender unless it adds value to my life.
9. Quit letting family members rope you into the drama! Start telling the you don’t want to hear it! Quit spreading the drama! Quit calling other relatives and telling them about your cousin, uncle or aunt! Go back to minding your own business should be enough to keep you busy!
Experienced this with some families and boy oh boy it is hard to break out but when you do, you have a new found freedom. Fortunately my family is too small now for drama’s.
11. Quit trying to change people! IT DOESN’T WORK! Quit wasting time and energy getting angry at people when you know they are just being the miserable and jealous people that they are!
I am guilty as charged. Only you can change you. I’ve tried changing other, what for I don’t know, at the time I thought it was the right thing to do but guess what, I was wrong. People have a right to be their own person, it’s their life after all. If it does not suit you then move on.
12. Quit the job you hate! Start pursuing your passion. Find the job that fuels your passion BEFORE you quit!
Easier said than done. I have done it many times though because I am very strong willed, but sometimes you can get stuck in a rut and there seems to be no life other than where you are working. Guess what, there is, get out, get out, get out. Take the jump. It is awesome.
13. Quit volunteering for things you aren’t getting any personal fulfilment from anymore! Quit volunteering for things and then failing to follow through with your commitments.
First part, quit volunteering for things you arent’ getting any personal fulfilment from.
If it does not add value to your life, why are you doing it. Is the task you are volunteering for taking you closer to your ultimate life goal. If not then drop it.
Quit volunteering for things and then failing to follow through.
On the top of my pet hates that I decided to blog about it. If you can’t do it, say so, I won’t be mad or upset with you but rather grateful that you were honest. I can then at least find someone else who can do it. There is nothing worse than being let down at the last minute. The only exceptio should be a life/death situatio.
14. Quit listening to naysayers! Quit watching the depressing news if you are going to live in the doom and gloom of it all!
There was a stage of my life where things were so negative, I became negative and not pleasant to be around. If you live a negative life, negative things will happen to you. It is also very difficult to break away from the doom and gloom, why I don’t know but it is hard work. I watch the news to keep up to date but honestly, “what recession. I don’t see a recession”. Again you are the creator of your world.
15. Quit making excuses about why you are where you are or why you can’t do what you want to do!
Again it is about choice and taking responsibility, you are where you are because of the choices you made. If you work hard enough mentally you can do anything you want to do. Break those shackels that hold you back.
16. Quit waiting on others to give you the answers… and start finding the answers yourself! If what you are doing isn’t working for you then quit!
Could not have said it better myself. People often blame others, life or circumstances and expect life to give them a hand out. Get on with it, you are not the only one who had a hard life.
17. Quit deliberating and start making your dreams a reality! Quit being afraid and START LIVING YOUR LIFE! CREATE THE LIFE YOU WANT! If you want something different than what you have had in the past… you must quit doing what you have done before and DO something different! Just Quit it…
If things don’t work out, change direction. Life is a journey. Listen to your inner self. Pay attention to the universe, if you are clear about what you want from life and have an ultimate goal it will be harder to make the wrong choice and you will start moving in the right direction.
Funny thing gut instinct. You meet someone and they come across all candy coated with their charm and you think what an interesting person so you decide to connect.
Inside your gut instinct is sounding all the bells and whistles indicating something is just not right and your gut instinct sits there hanging waiting for you to listen. Yet in the back of your mind you are thinking, “but why, he/she seems so pleasant, so sincere and others think he/she is such a great person….” . You choose to ignore gut instinct because it must be wrong and you get more involved with this “lovely person” you have encoutered.
Well, I have been clean for almost 2 years now manged to stay away from people have hidden agendas but the other day I met someone and gut instinct sounded the alarm bells and what did I do. I did not listen. I did not trust my gut instinct and guess what I am paying the price for not listening.
I read a blog posted by Liz Chukwu the other day The wisdom of your spirit, do you have trusted advisors which reminded me to always listen to my trusted advisors. There is a reason for their existence, to guide and protect you.
Have you trusted your gut instincted lately, if so how has it benefited you? If you did not, what were the consequences?
Selling, a skill we never think of when we first start out in business. Selling is seriously not one of my strong points and I avoid it like the plague. A client of mine who specialises in this area pointed this out to me, eureka, the lights when on and I realised, I never went about learning how to sell and this could be why I am not good at it. I am very good at promoting others but when it comes to promoting myself, I am pretty much useless.
Months later my client offered to help me with my selling techniques and suggested we do a breakthrough session via Skype but yesterday he suggested we rather do a face to face session. This makes me think that I must really suck at selling and I need help badly. I know I need help and I am very grateful to my client for his generous offer. So I am going to schedule my session and will let you know how I get on.
I would love to hear what you have to say about selling? What you love about it, hate about it, some funny experiences.
While sitting at someone’s desk today waiting on some information, I saw this and made me laugh. I don’t know who the author is so a tad difficult to give credit. I do know that it is called
I love my job, I love the pay!I
love it more and more each day.I love my boss, he is the best!
I love his boss and all the rest.
I love my office and its location. I hate to have to go on vacation. I love my furniture, drab and grey and piles of paper that grow each day. I think my job is really swell, there’s nothing else I love so well.
I love to work among my peers. I love their leers and jeers and sneers.
I love my computer and its software. I hug it often though it won’t care. I love each program and every file. I’d love them more if they worked a while.
I’m happy to be here. I am. I am.
I’m the happiest slave of the firm, I am.
I love this work, I love these chores. I love the meetings with deadly bores.
I love my job – I’ll say it again - I even love those friendly men. Those friendly men who’ve come today in clean white coats to take me away!!!